Goodhealthpractice.net Privacy Notice
24 June 2019
Our contact details
Name: Gráinne Harbison
Address: 8 Fairhill Grove Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, BT 80 8TG, N.Ireland
Phone Number: +32 (0)473 378611
What type of information is gathered?
- Personal contact details, i.e. name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address, provided by you as an existing or prospective client.
- Health related information provided by you as an existing or prospec-tive client.
- Any other information which you provide directly as an existing or prospective client.
How is the information gathered?
Personal information is provided directly by you as an existing or prospective client, in the following ways:
- e-mail, either directly or via the contact form on the website.
- during consultations.
- direct communication for any reason.
- contact details provided where you opt-in to receive news or downloads
Why do you need to collect my information?
- Contact details you provide in any form are used to respond to queries or send you information.
- The information you provide about your health as a prospective or existing client is used to facilitate consultations.
- Names and e-mail addresses are collected when you fill out the opt-in form on the website or sign up to receive news or downloads.
Legal basis for collecting and processing personal information
Under the EU Data Protection regulation known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases which Goodhealthpractice.net relies on for processing this information are:
- Legitimate Interest:
For existing and prospective clients enquiring about a consultation, under this basis contact details and Health Data can be collected and stored.
- Contact details of anyone who requests to opt-in for news or downloads.
- Where the need arises to share health data with a third party for the sole purpose of advancing that client’s health. In such an event, explicit consent will be requested from the client.
What happens the information provided?
It is used to:
- Answer queries you have made, as an existing or prospective client,
- Arrange consultations with you, as an existing or prospective client,
- To send you information which you have opted in for.
For some clients external testing may be necessary. For example, blood tests, stool tests etc. by third party labs and where a client might benefit from or request personalised support like a herbal tincture from a quali-fied specialist. In such cases it may be necessary to share a client’s de-tails with the third parties involved. If it is required to share your details, your explicit consent will be requested.
No personal information is shared with third parties, except in the afore-mentioned cases.
How is your information stored?
- Electronic data is stored and backed up on encrypted drives located within the EU.
- Paper records are stored securely in a location within the EU.
How long is your data kept?
- 7 years from the date of the last consultation, for all existing clients. In the case of minors under 18 years of age, 7 years from when they turn 18.
- Data provided through the opt-in form is kept until you unsubscribe, at which stage it is deleted, except for your e-mail requesting to unsubscribe which is kept for the record.
Disposal of your data
Where there is no longer a need to keep your data, or you have requested that we erase your data and there is no legal reason for retaining your data it will be disposed of as follows:
- Electronic data will be securely erased,
- Paper records will be securely shredded.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law (GDPR), you have rights including:
Your right to be informed – You have the right to ask how your data is be-ing processed and why.
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to have your information rectified or completed if you think it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Your right to erasure – Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ You have the right to ask to have your personal information deleted in certain circumstances.
If you make a request, it will be actioned within one month, unless there are reasons for an extension, in which case you will be informed within the month.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: +44 0303 123 1113